Here is what you’ll need!
3 cups crusty bread for ~1 ½ cups of breadcrumbs
1 cup grated parmesan
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
8 oz of cooked spinach
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 tsp of salt
1 cup of milk
6 oz fontina cheese, cubed
flour for dusting
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
10 sage leaves
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Shredded parmesan (garnish)
1. Combine breadcrumbs, grated parmesan, ricotta, cooked spinach, olive oil, egg, salt and milk until it forms a dough that sticks together.
2. Divide the dough into balls. Take one ball, flatten and place a cube of fontina cheese in the center, wrap the dough around the cheese. Dust with flour and set aside. Repeat with remaining dough balls.
3. Cook the bread dumplings in boiling water. They are ready when they float to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
4. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the bread dumplings and cook until golden brown on all sides.
5. Add butter and sage, toss to coat. Plate the bread dumplings. In the same pan with butter and sage, carefully add the balsamic vinegar and remove from heat.
6. Spoon the balsamic butter sage sauce over the bread dumplings.
7. Garnish with shredded parmesan and enjoy!
Music provided by Audio Network. Used with permission