Here is what you will need!
– 3 cloves garlic
– 1 onion
– 1 eggplant
– 1 bell pepper
– 1 yellow squash
– 1 zucchini
– 5 tomatoes
– salt to taste
– 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
– 2 tsp fresh thyme
– 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
– 2 Tbsp. fresh basil
Additional Ingredients For Zucchini Boats.
8 oz ball of fresh mozzarella + 6 whole zucchinis make 12 boats.
1. Pour olive oil in a large pot, over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic and onions briefly, till aromatic. Add eggplant and cook down until softened and brown.
2. Add bell pepper, yellow squash, zucchini and tomatoes to mixture and reduce to simmer. When the vegetables are softened, season with salt and red pepper flakes. Stir so the vegetables are well mixed.
3. When the vegetables are cooked through, incorporate thyme, parsley, and basil, then remove from the heat.
4. Cut zucchini in half, lengthwise, then scoop out the insides to form a boat shape. Line the bottom of the boat with sliced mozzarella, then top with the cooked ratatouille. Bake the boat at 400˚F / 200˚C for 15 minutes or until the boat has softened and the tops are starting to brown. Serve immediately and enjoy!
P.S. Leftover ratatouille is delicious on its own or with pasta.
All music provided by Audio Network and Warner Chappell Inc. Used with permission