Nachos get a tailgate spin with the welcome addition of bratwurst and beer cheese.
Beer Brat Nachos
1 pound bratwurst
2 cans lager or pilsner beer
1 cup cream cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon brown mustard
1 bag corn tortilla chips
½ cup sliced green onions
½ cup diced white or yellow onions
½ cup pickled jalapeños
½ cup diced tomatoes
1. In a large skillet, brown the bratwurst on both sides over medium high heat.
2. Add both cans of beer to the skillet. Simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
3. Remove bratwurst from skillet and set aside.
4. Continuing to simmer beer over medium low, add cream cheese and cheddar cheese to the skillet.
5. Stir occasionally until mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes.
6. Add cayenne and mustard to beer cheese, stirring to incorporate.
7. Remove beer cheese from heat.
8. Cover a large plate with a layer of tortilla chips. Top with beer cheese and desired amount of nacho fixings.
9. Slice bratwurst and arrange over nachos.
10. Repeat with another layer of chips and fixings.
Doing 85 on 66
Licensed via Warner Chappell Production Music Inc.
Made by BFMP http://www.buzzfeed.com/videoteam